Interesting Read (and Q. about XML support)

Graham Klyne GK@ninebynine.org
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 10:12:22 +0000

At 08:22 PM 2/18/03 -0800, David Sankel wrote:
>An interesting read:
>
>http://www.paulgraham.com/popular.html
>
>Any thoughts?

"To become popular, a programming language has to be the scripting language
of a popular system."

Interesting thought... I'm learning Haskell with a view to using it as a
"scripting language for semantic web inference".

Which leads me to a question:  starting from the haskell.org web page, I
have identified three XML parsers in Haskell (HaXml, hXML, Haskell XML
Toolbox), none of which seem to support XML namespaces and only one of
which claims to be tested on both HUGS and GHC.

Can anyone offer any recommendations, or maybe pointers to other work?

#g

Graham Klyne
<GK@NineByNine.org>