ANN: C->Haskell 0.11.1 "Powder Snow"

Manuel M T Chakravarty c2hs@haskell.org
Fri, 14 Feb 2003 00:10:24 +1100 (EST)

I am pleased to announce version 0.11.1 "Powder Snow" of
the C interface generator C->Haskell.  This is a source-only
testing release, which introduces two major features:

* Arbitrary C pre-processor directives can be included into
  a Haskell binding module.  These will be placed into a
  custom C header file generated by C->Haskell.  Moreover,
  any CPP conditionals will be honoured by C->Haskell when
  generating Haskell code from the binding module.  This
  enables maintaining bindings to multiple versions of a C
  library in one binding module.

* C code may be inlined into a Haskell binding module.  This
  code will be emitted into the custom header file along
  with the CPP directives (the relative order of these
  components in the binding module is preserved).

Moreover, there is now a mailing list for C->Haskell at

  c2hs@haskell.org