Time since the epoch

Peter Thiemann thiemann@informatik.uni-freiburg.de
12 Feb 2003 09:05:19 -0800

    George> So while I started typing this thinking it was a straight
    George> choice between Peter's monotonicity/invertibility and the
    George> fact that my system corresponds better to natural usage,
    George> Peter doesn't even have monotonicity or invertibility.

Yes, I also realized that after I left my office.
Sorry for the confusion.

Now, isn't that a good argument for just *defining* the length of
a year and a month in terms of seconds and then go with it. It
naturally gives you all nice properties and you cannot argue if and
when you want to overflow or underflow or whatever?

-Peter