Prototyping language extention

Frank Atanassow franka@cs.uu.nl
Mon, 10 Feb 2003 11:34:01 +0100

Dmitry Malenko wrote (on 09-02-03 21:57 +0200):
> As part of my research I'm going to create prototype system implementing
> some extentions concerning at most module system to the language and to
> toy with it a little.  So I wonder what is the best way to do that?
>
> Should I cope with compiler sources, or write an interpeter from
> scratch, or maybe something else?

See:

  Iavor S. Diatchki, Mark P. Jones and Thomas Hallgren. A formal specification
  of the Haskell 98 Module System. PLI Haskell Workshop, 2002.
  http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~chak/hw2002/

This describes an executable specification (in Haskell) which complements the
specification of the typing system described in "Typing Haskell in
Haskell". It's perfect for prototyping and tinkering with the module system.

Regards,
--
Frank