[OT] Teaching Haskell in High School

Wolfgang Jeltsch wolfgang@jeltsch.net
Tue, 4 Feb 2003 03:03:03 +0100

On Tuesday, 2003-02-04, 01:01, CET, Hal Daume wrote:
> [...]

> However, I'm also well aware that Haskell is very difficult to learn (a=
nd,
> I'd imagine, to teach).

Hi,

I wouldn't claim that Haskell is very difficult to learn. I think, people=
=20
often have problems with learning Haskell because they know imperative=20
programming and try to apply their imperative thinking to programming in=20
Haskell.

Some months ago, a first year student told me that she liked Haskell very=
 much=20
and that she didn't find it very difficult. I asked her if she had had=20
experiences with other programming languages before learning Haskell. She=
=20
answered: "No."

> [...]

Wolfgang