Haskell for non-Haskell's sake

b.i.mills@massey.ac.nz b.i.mills@massey.ac.nz
Sun, 31 Aug 2003 12:24:41 +1200

I do research into parsing algorthms, and find that I can convert
the theory into practice most easily in Haskell. A lot of the material
is just (careful) transliteration of the original definitions. And
more generally I go along with Vincenzo (aka Nick Name),

> I use haskell when I have to write a program myself and quickly.

but add to that "and robustly".

I do write the occasional GUI in it, but mainly as an exercise
to show I can do it in Haskell. In practice I write GUIs in C.
But, even when I don't write in Haskell, I still use habits I've
picked up from Haskell in other code. I think that practice in
Haskell can improve clarity of programming in other languages.

Regards,

Bruce.