Announce: release candidate 1 of buddha version 1.0

Bernard James POPE bjpop@cs.mu.OZ.AU
Thu, 14 Aug 2003 21:47:29 +1000 (EST)

Announcing buddha version 1.0 release candidate 1

   www.cs.mu.oz.au/~bjpop/buddha

Buddha is a declarative debugger for Haskell 98. It is based on program
transformation and relies on GHC version 5.04 or greater (but not version 6
yet). It also needs GHC's libraries compiled for profiling.

This is the first candidate release of buddha version 1.0

New features include:

   - a more user friendly interface than previous versions,
   - the ability to show higher-order arguments by name or
     by value (similar to Hood),
   - deriving Ix is now supported (all standard deriving
     statements should work now).

This is a release candidate. There will probably be a number of candidates
before the final version 1.0 is done. Other candidates will not be
announced to this list.

This candidate has been tested only on Linux (Debian and Mandrake).
Previous versions have worked on OS X and Solaris x86, but I don't
have access to those machines at the moment.

GHC version 6.0 is still not supported by buddha. If there is a great
demand for this then I will sort it out faster.

Cheers,
Bernie.