HI && TypeCast

Sebastian Sylvan sylvan@dtek.chalmers.se
Thu, 7 Aug 2003 03:58:33 +0200 (MEST)

On Wed, 6 Aug 2003, Fredrik Petersson wrote:
> Hi there!
> Iam new to the list so feel free to shout at me when i do wrong! :)
> Software-designer from sweden, likes fast bikes and metal, thats me, and hi
> to you all!
>
> Yeah ok to the problem,
> i have this stupid code,
> [c | (c,i) <- l]
>
> Where (c,i) are a tuple from a (Char,Int) and l is a [(Char,Int)]
> So far everthings nice but i would like to cast the c to a Sting and add :
> in front,

List comprehensions are overrated =)

How about this:

 concatMap ( (':':) . (:[]) . fst ) [('d',3),('f',3)]

concatMap maps a function to each element and then concatenates the list.
So the function will first use fst to extract the first element from a
tuple, then it will use (:[]) on the result to create a singleton list of
the element, then it will use (':':) which will add ':' to the front of
the list...

Now what's not clear about THAT =)

(okay so maybe list comprehensions would be clearer in this case)

> How do you TypeCast in haskell?

BWUAHAHAHA!! HAHAHAA! *tears* =)

|  Sebastian Sylvan                      |
|  ICQ: 44640862                         |
|  Tel: 073-6818655 / 031-812 817        |
| Hard Work Often Pays Off After Time    |
| But Laziness Always Pays Off Now!      |