Is it possible to build in a file in a haskell program??

Derek Elkins ddarius@hotpop.com
Wed, 30 Apr 2003 09:41:18 -0400

On Wed, 30 Apr 2003 15:29:05 +0200
"Alexandre Weffort Thenorio" <alethenorio@home.se> wrote:

> Thanks a lot guys. "Show" seems to have solved the problem. The only
> weird thing is that created file is not exactly the same size (100
> bytes bigger) but hopefully that should not be a problem. Just would
> like to point that openFile function from IO library did not write the
> right string representation (Just small part of it) while openFileEx
> in IOExts library did write the whole thing. Maybe it is a bug? As a
> last question I am curious about a thing you guys typed a lot latelly,
> What does the $ sign(Dollar) does??
>
> Thanks again
>
> Alex

If the file is opened in text mode it will stop at the first EOF
character in the output.  I imagine that that was the problem with
openFile.

$ is just a low precedence right associative function application.  It's
mainly used to avoid parentheses.  It's definition is f $ x = f x.  You
can change something like f (g (h x)) into f $ g $ x.