Super Haddock (was Re: Literate Programming)

Andy Moran moran@galois.com
Thu, 24 Apr 2003 08:49:57 -0700

On Thursday 24 April 2003 08:10 am, Simon Marlow wrote:

> > Simon: how much work would this be?
>
> That's an interesting idea.  It's not at all what Haddock was intended
> for, but that's not to say it couldn't be done!

Glad to hear it.

> There are some issues to do with how you want the output to look: should
> it retain the indentation of the original source, or ident according to
> some fixed style?  If you want the indentation from the original source
> then Haddock's front end will need some changes to support retaining
> that information.  Throwing away the original indentation and generating
> output indented according to a fixed style would be rather easier.

I agree.  One could imagine providing a mildly configurable style (for
example, do notation has a few widely used competing styles: layout only,
braces and semis, or even totally Utrecht).

Cheers,

Andy

--
Andy Moran                                              Ph.  (503) 526 3472
Galois Connections Inc.                                 Fax. (503) 350 0833