FW: Library infrastructure

Johannes Waldmann joe@informatik.uni-leipzig.de
Wed, 23 Apr 2003 15:35:23 +0200 (MET DST)

> .. and a bunch of function names and type signatures..

( This is slightly unrelated, but anyway: )

you only get the above if you have the module source,
or if you can decipher the interface file.

A friend told me recently that some interactive Prolog (?) systems
have a this nice feature: the user can ask for all identifiers
(currently in scope) of a certain type (or mode? or was it LISP anyway?)
(so  [a] -> [a]  should give you  reverse  and  tail).

Perhaps one would want to use "type wildcards" as well,
or some other form of saying "tell me what functions *mention* that type".

Looks like this would be even more useful with a stronly typed language.
--
-- Johannes Waldmann ---- http://www.informatik.uni-leipzig.de/~joe/ --
-- joe@informatik.uni-leipzig.de -- phone/fax (+49) 341 9732 204/207 --