FW: Library infrastructure

Simon Marlow simonmar@microsoft.com
Wed, 23 Apr 2003 14:28:54 +0100

=20
> On Wed, 23 Apr 2003, Simon Marlow wrote:
> (snip)
> > I don't think that's entirely fair.  Most of the libraries that come
> > with GHC (and Hugs, and soon Nhc) are documented.  See for example
> >
> >   http://www.haskell.org/ghc/docs/latest/html/base/index.html
>=20
> Maybe I just always need awkward ones, but all I usually see here is a
> couple of general sentences for a module and a bunch of=20
> function names and type signatures.

Function names and type signatures are a lot better than nothing ;-)

But seriously, the "non-standard" libraries are, at the moment, far =
better documented than the standard ones (where "standard" means
those libraries defined by the Haskell 98 report and their hierarchical =
equivalents).  The example you gave, Data.List.nub, is a
function from the standard Haskell 98 List library.

Contributions of documentation for any libraries are always welcome, of =
course!

Cheers,
	Simon