Summer School and Workshop on Proof Theory, Computation and Complexity - Announcement

Janis Voigtlaender voigt@tcs.inf.tu-dresden.de
Mon, 14 Apr 2003 09:15:21 +0200

                      Summer School and Workshop on
                 Proof Theory, Computation and Complexity

                     Technische Universitaet Dresden
                           June 23-July 4, 2003

             <http://www.ki.inf.tu-dresden.de/~guglielm/WPT2>

Preliminary Program and Call for Participation

We plan the following courses and workshop for graduate students and
researchers.  Like for last year's events on Proof Theory and
Computation (Dresden) and Proof, Computation, Complexity (Tuebingen), we
aim at a meeting where people have plenty of time to exchange ideas.
The summer school consists of eight advanced courses; the workshop takes
place in the last two days.

For participating in the summer school we ask for a small fee (currently
undetermined).  We are looking into the possibility of providing grants
to participants who ask for them.  Registration is requested, please
send an email to <mailto:PTEvent@Janeway.Inf.TU-Dresden.DE>, making sure
you include a very brief bio (5-10 lines) stating your experience,
interests, home page, etc.  We will select applicants in case of
excessive demand.  We will provide assistance in finding an
accommodation in Dresden.

Week 1, June 23-27: courses on

    Denotational Semantics of Lambda Calculi
    Achim Jung (Birmingham, UK)

    Proof Theory with Deep Inference
    Alessio Guglielmi (Dresden, Germany)

    Five Lectures on Proof-Analysis
    Sara Negri (University of Helsinki and Academy of Finland)

    Mass Problems
    Stephen Simpson (Penn State, USA)

Week 2, June 30-July 2: courses on

    Natural Deduction: Some Recent Developments
    Jan von Plato (Helsinki, Finland)

    Semantics and Cut-elimination for Church's (Intuitionistic) Theory
    of Types, with Applications to Higher-order Logic Programming
    Jim Lipton (Wesleyan, USA)

    Dependent Type Theories
    Peter Aczel (Manchester, UK)

    Term-rewriting and Termination in Proof Theory
    Roy Dyckhoff (St Andrews, Scotland)

    July 3-4: workshop (consult the web site for details)

Dresden, on the river Elbe, is one of the most important art cities of
Germany.  You can find world-class museums and wonderful architecture
and surroundings.  We will organize trips and social events.

This program is still subject to variation, please check the web site.

Please distribute this message broadly.