Enum on Float/Double

Ketil Z Malde ketil@ii.uib.no
25 Oct 2002 11:28:27 +0200

Ketil Z Malde <ketil@ii.uib.no> writes:

> My vote would be to scrap it.  Enum sounds like it defines an ordering
> of elements, and that's IMHO not what the actual implementation looks

Just before everybody else points it out; that's a bit imprecise.
But the IMHO obvious way to regard succ would be to provide a
succession of all the elements in a set, rather than just add one to
a numeric interpretation of the value.

Defining [x..y] in terms of succ sound counter-intuitive to me (and
isn't a different mechanism needed for [x,y..z] anyway?)

-kzm