You can finally run your Chameleon programs!

Nick Name nick.name@inwind.it
Thu, 28 Nov 2002 23:22:01 +0100

On 27 Nov 2002 23:22:31 +0000
Alastair Reid <alastair@reid-consulting-uk.ltd.uk> wrote:

>  I think you've been spoilt by the availability of 4 good compilers,
>  lots of libraries, an active research community, etc. for the Haskell
>  "research language".

I don't know what "to spoil"  means in this contests but I'm sure it's
sort of a children having too much toys :)

And that's true, haskell is one of the few production-ready research
languages (or almost production-ready, I am not a software engineer).
What I said is that it could be interesting to use gtk-hs and similar
with chameleon, and asked if it is possible.

I think that it can be interesting, because there is no production
program that does not crash, and there is no production program without
milions of lines of code; so I hope that starting to use new paradigms,
and at least cleaner languages, will be a good start for a more correct
operating environment, in an epoch where we are really starting to put
our lives in the hands of a machine.

Hope I have been clear, as usual I am not so good at english.

Vincenzo