Web Demonstration of Type Error Slicing

Christian Haack haack@macs.hw.ac.uk
Mon, 25 Nov 2002 12:25:45 +0000 (GMT)

Previous methods have generally identified the location of a type
error as a particular program point or the program subtree rooted at
that point.  In the paper "Type Error Slicing in Implicitly Typed
Higher-Order Languages" by two of us (Haack and Wells), we present a
new approach that treats the location of a type error as a minimal set
of program points which are necessary for the type error and presents
this "location" as a slice of the program.  Connected to this paper,
we have implemented type error slicing for a subset of core Standard
ML.

We have prepared a web interface that allows you to experiment with
our implementation using just your web browser.  This interface is now
available at:

  http://www.cee.hw.ac.uk/ultra/compositional-analysis/type-error-slicing/

--
Sebastien Carlier, Christian Haack, and Joe Wells
Members of the ULTRA group and the Church Project