HC&A Report: "Haskell 98 Report" copyright

Ross Paterson ross@soi.city.ac.uk
Tue, 12 Nov 2002 09:51:07 +0000

On Tue, Nov 12, 2002 at 01:19:03AM +0000, Ian Lynagh wrote:
> I note with some sadness the more restrictive license that may be placed
> on the "Haskell 98 Report", as reported by the HC&A. The great
> openness/freeness of haskell, both the report and implementations, is,
> IMO, one of its most important features.
>
> I have just grabbed a copy of the latest revised report under the
> current licence. AIUI I can continue to publish this under the current
> licence and, assuming I change the name, incorporate any fixes etc
> (assuming the fixers agree to it). Also, Debian can continue to have a
> copy in main in the same way.

I've already done this, by the following process:
* updated the most recent sources (Jan 2002) to match the most recent
  HTML release (Sep 2002)
* marked it as modified, as required by the licence
* put the two reports together
* applied the small number of publicly discussed fixes since the HTML
  release
* fixed a small number of typographical glitches I noticed on the way

The results are at

	http://www.soi.city.ac.uk/~ross/haskell-report-modified/

Share and enjoy.  Please let me know of any typographical errors.