Haskell 98 report: March release

Mon, 18 Mar 2002 09:50:04 -0800

Before I get buried in ICFP submissions I thought I should
get out the H98 report draft.

It's in the usual place:

Main changes since the Dec release are:

        Much improved informal semantics of pattern matching (3.17).

        Minor changes to the lexical syntax for white space (!).

        Two extra productions for expressions, which makes the treatment

	of sections align with the text in 3.5.

        Add notes in three places about hard-to-parse constructs.=20
	This is my eventual solution to some dark corners in the=20
	grammar (Chapter 3).

        Allow duplicates in the subordinate names of export lists (5.2).

        Remark that Eq and Ord are strict in both arguments (Appendix

plus quite a few other minor corrections.

As ever, your careful proofreading, esp of the new parts, would be
most helpful.