rank-n polymorphism

Andy Moran moran@galois.com
Thu, 7 Mar 2002 09:03:38 -0800

On Thursday 07 March 2002 08:26 am, you wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> GHC 5.0.3 supports  rank-n polymorphism.
> Could anyone please point me to a paper that describes type inference
> algorithm used.

The main paper is "Putting Type Annotations to Work" by Odersky and L"aufer:

@InProceedings{Odersky-Laufer96,
  author =       "Martin Odersky and Konstantin L{\"a}ufer",
  title =        "Putting Type Annotations to Work",
  key =          "Odersky \& Laufer",
  pages =        "54--67",
  booktitle =    "Conference Record of POPL '96: The 23rd ACM
                 SIGPLAN-SIGACT Symposium on Principles of Programming
                 Languages, St. Petersberg Beach, Florida",
  year =         "1996",
  organization = "ACM",
  address =      "New York, NY",
  month =        jan,
  annote =       "31 references.",
}

Cheers,

Andy

--
Andy Moran                                              Ph.  (503) 526 3472
Galois Connections Inc.                                 Fax. (503) 350 0833