Weird profiling behaviour

Ketil Z. Malde ketil@ii.uib.no
26 Jun 2002 13:34:31 +0200

Koen Claessen <koen@cs.chalmers.se> writes:

> Another reason might be that the ints in the list are not
> evaluated yet; and sorting the list on the ints forces
> evaluation of them which maybe takes time?

Yes, I've thought of that, but (and correct me if I'm wrong!) I was
under the impression that the profiling cost centers stuck with the
functions defining the values, rather than the ones requiring them.

Besides, I've !'ed the Ints, and the constructor should be evaluated
from the previous sort -- although that may be more dubious.

-kzm