Bug in library report

Jan-Willem Maessen jmaessen@alum.mit.edu
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 12:58:58 -0400

Malcolm Wallace <Malcolm.Wallace@cs.york.ac.uk> guesses:
> So I guess that means very few people are using Array and Ratio,
> or at least we aren't show'ing and read'ing them, or the particular
> enclosing precedence value that triggered this bug is very rare.

I'd revise that to "very few people are using Ratio".  Recent
discussion suggests people are at least tinkering with arrays...
[That said, when you need Rationals, nothing else really subsitutes.]

As near as I can tell, the precedence of the bounds and indices in an
array doesn't matter at all.  Simon M's suggested change to Page 24 is
therefore good for consistency, but doesn't appear to actually have any
effect.  Am I missing something?

-Jan-Willem Maessen