ideas for compiler project

Hal Daume III hdaume@ISI.EDU
Tue, 22 Jan 2002 13:59:40 -0800 (PST)

Hi All,

I'm currently taking a class in compiler optimization for high performance
computing (i.e., parallel architectures, including VLIW, FPGA, multimedia
extension architectures, systems-on-a-chip, etc).  It's the second of two
graduate level compiler courses, and it purely project based.  And the
project is of our choosing.

The professor has made some suggested projects, which I could do, but none
of them are really FP specific.  I'm curious if anyone has any ideas of a
project I could do.  I'm looking for something that's open, yet
constrained, etc (standard semester-long-project-course stuff), hopefully
having to do with optimizations specifically for FPLs, or at least ones
that would benefit them.

I'm open to all ideas...

 - Hal

--