n+k patterns

John Launchbury john@launchbury.org
Wed, 30 Jan 2002 08:32:14 -0800

I strongly disapprove of n+k patterns from a whole-language taste
perspective, so I am most unkeen to broaden their scope. Because they are
such a language kludge already it simply doesn't make sense to try to reason
rationally about what the "best" answer for them is. It's like putting
lipstick on a chicken.

If anything, we should have restricted them to the very simplest case
covered in the early textbooks, i.e. just Int.

John