n+k patterns

Wed, 30 Jan 2002 03:27:07 -0800

| hbc is on the Integral side, if that counts. :-)
| Just because ghc doesn't follow the spec isn't a good reason=20
| to change the spec. :-)

I absolutely didn't say that!  All I'm saying is

* Two of the four impls have to change regardless
* The change is non-de-stabilising on the rest of the report
* So we should think what the "best" answer is

I argued that (Num a, Ord a) makes most sense to me.
You argued that (Integral a) was a conscious choice (something I
don't remember but I'm sure you're right), and is the right one anyway.

I'd be interested to know what others think.  If there's any doubt,
we'll stay with Integral.

Simon