n+k patterns

Tue, 29 Jan 2002 08:40:16 -0800

| Btw., in 3.17.2  Informal Semantics of Pattern Matching
| the end of the following sentence should be changed:

Actually I've changed the entire wording of that section
in consultation with Ross who has read it rather carefully.
You can find the current draft of the expressions chapter at

	http://research.microsoft.com/~simonpj/tmp/exps.html

The numbered items in the Informal Semantics of Pattern Matching
are substantially changed and IHMO much clearer.

| Nonetheless I find using n+k patterns for floating point=20
| numbers pretty horrible. And it raises the question why k=20
| cannot be a rational ... But then n+k patterns are a wart anyway.

Actually, you can only use integer 'k's. =20

Simon