forcing IO operations

Jay Cox sqrtofone@yahoo.com
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 22:52:52 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 21 Feb 2002, Andre W B Furtado wrote:

> > >liftIOtoMyMonad_     :: IO () -> MyMonad ()
> > >liftIOtoMyMonad_ m   = liftIOtoMyMonad' (const m) ()
>
> I'm having problems compiling this one: "The last statement in a 'do'
> construct must be an expression"

No problems here using no flags either.  ghc-5.00
Hmmm... hugs Feb2001 seems to complain about my source (different reason).

Which version of which compiler?

(Btw, upon further review I cant think of a good reason for that function
to exist.  liftIOtoMyMonad can do anything liftIOtoMyMonad_ can handle.
Essentially liftIOtoMyMonad_ = liftIOtoMyMonad but with a much more
restrictive type)

Jay Cox