String manipulation.

Hal Daume III hdaume@ISI.EDU
Thu, 7 Feb 2002 09:53:58 -0800 (PST)

You should have a look at the Read class.  A member a of the Read class
has a function read :: String -> a.

so, for example, you can say:

  (read "5.0") :: Double

to read this as a double.  You could also read it as an integer or
something.

If you have a list of strings that you want to convert to a list of
integers, you could do:

  map (\x -> (read x)::Double) [list of strings]

Hope that helps.

 - Hal

--
Hal Daume III