real-time heap profiling?

John Meacham john@repetae.net
Fri, 27 Dec 2002 21:42:05 -0800

I have been playing with the heap profiling graphs from ghc and find
them quite useful and was wondering if there was a tool to display them
in real-time?
For interactive long-running applications written in haskell it would be
nice to see how the heap profile reacts to user actions. I imagine a
scrolling graph of the last minute or so of time.
Does such a thing exist? would writing one be possible without modifying
ghc? it seems you can poll the .hp file and update the graph, but i have
not looked into the format of .hp files to see if this is plausable. any
thoughts?
	John
John Meacham - California Institute of Technology, Alum. - john@foo.net