diff in Haskell: clarification

George Russell ger@tzi.de
Mon, 16 Dec 2002 18:35:52 +0100

Gertjan Kamsteeg wrote:

> Ok, here is an attempt. I don't have time to explain, but it's not Myer's
> algorithm.
[snip]
Yes thanks.  But it doesn't seem dramatically faster, on my test cases, than the
Myers algorithm version I have developed; indeed I think it's slightly slower.
However my Myers algorithm method is rather longer.

I think the Myers algorithm as I've implemented it could be speeded up (maybe
by a factor of 4) by using a meet-in-the-middle method as explained in Myer's
paper.  But I don't think I have time to implement it.

The Myers algorithm as I've implemented it uses the ST monad to do array update
operations while still being safe.  Also I use an unboxed array.

Best wishes,

George