AW: slide: useful function?

Andrew J Bromage ajb@spamcop.net
Mon, 2 Dec 2002 10:37:09 +1100

G'day all.

On Thu, Nov 28, 2002 at 12:32:19PM -0500, Paul Hudak wrote:

> reminds of what I think is one of the biggest problems with conventional
> software development: the lack of appreciable mathematics in the
> specification, design, coding, or implementation of programs.

In the interest of fairness, the declarative programming community
occasionally appears to have an aversion to actual engineering.  If
you mention a term like "design patterns", people look down their
virtual noses at you like you're trying to infect their pure
theoretical world with something unsanitary.

My point is that nobody is immune from this kind of thinking, it
just takes different forms.

Cheers,
Andrew Bromage