A: Evaluation order, ghc versus hugs, lazy vs. strict

Ketil Z. Malde ketil@ii.uib.no
23 Aug 2002 12:24:09 +0200

Jan Kybic <kybic@ieee.org> writes:

> What are GUM and Strategies? Could you provide any links?

  http://www.cee.hw.ac.uk/~dsg/gph/docs/Gentle-GPH/sec-gph.html

GUM is an implementation of GPH (a parallel Haskell) that
runs on top of PVM.

Strategies are about making sure parallel threads actually do the work
they're intended to before returning control to the main thread; in
other words, ensuring sufficient strictness.  Or something like that.

Grain of salt as applicable, I'm not using any of this yet.

-kzm