Concurrency and Haskell

mgross@dorsai.org mgross@dorsai.org
Tue, 6 Aug 2002 12:13:03 -0400 (EDT)

A group of us at Brooklyn College (City University of New York) are in the
latter stages of setting up a Mosix cluster that we would like to use for
research on, among other things, parallel execution of Haskell code and
run-time optimization of both automatic and programmed parallelization.

I would greatly appreciate hearing from anyone who can provide advice on
an appropriate bibliography on the language implementation and past
work in this area (other than the code in the Haskell compilers and
libraries, of course), approaches, ongoing work, etc.

Also, I would be most interested in hearing from anyone interested in
joining our effort (no problems with remote access to the cluster by way
of SSH), or making arrangements for cooperation in research in this area,
although, of course, access to our equipment will be subject to approval
from "higher authorities" (however, note that I really don't expect
difficulty here, since our administration has already shown considerable
interest in supporting the project).

Replies to the list will be read, but those who wish may mail me directly
at mgross@dorsai.org.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Murray Gross
Adj. Lecturer, Brooklyn College,