UTF-8 library

Martin Norbäck d95mback@dtek.chalmers.se
05 Aug 2002 12:12:02 +0200

--=-xDVxLG7ZIIaGst3qHQsS

In a previous thread on this mailing list I proposed a way to use
gettext. Since Haskell uses Unicode to represent characters, and gettext
has support for converting strings into UTF-8, I made that the default
mode of operation in my I18N module.

I found a UTF8 library, which I modified to pass illegal UTF-8 sequences
through unchanged.

Since Haskell uses Unicode, and UTF-8 is one of the most common
encodings for unicode, it would be good to have a UTF-8 library like
this.
You can find the files at http://www.dtek.chalmers.se/~d95mback/gettext/
where you also can find a printf-like implementation.

I would very much like to hear some comments, also on the use of
unsafePerformIO with locale-dependent functions (gettext is of course
locale-dependent).

Regards,

	Martin
--=20
Martin Norb=E4ck          d95mback@dtek.chalmers.se             =20
Kapplandsgatan 40       +46 (0)708 26 33 60                   =20
S-414 78  G=D6TEBORG      http://www.dtek.chalmers.se/~d95mback/
SWEDEN                  OpenPGP ID: 3FA8580B

--=-xDVxLG7ZIIaGst3qHQsS

--=-xDVxLG7ZIIaGst3qHQsS--