suggestion

José Romildo Malaquias romildo@uber.com.br
Tue, 23 Oct 2001 08:50:15 -0200

On Tue, Oct 23, 2001 at 09:37:15AM +0100, Simon Marlow wrote:
> > What do you all think about activating the mechanism that
> > automatically includes the name of the list before the subject
> > of a mailing list email?
> > For example:
> > "[hugs-users] Installation problems" or "[haskell] newbie
> > question".
>
> I don't like the extra prefixes, but if most folk would prefer them then
> I can turn them on.  Let me know if you have a preference one way or the
> other (don't mail to the list).

I also do not like the extra prefixes. It is easy to organize the messages
from different lists in separate mailboxes (at least in my Linux machine)
so that there is no need to identify the list one message belongs by
its message. Besides that, the subjects would get  more difficult to
be quicly read looking when scanning the mailbox to choose what to
read.

Romildo
--
Prof. José Romildo Malaquias