suggestion

Ketil Malde ketil@ii.uib.no
23 Oct 2001 08:11:59 +0200

Juan Carlos Arévalo Baeza <jcab@roningames.com> writes:

> On Tue, 23 Oct 2001 00:38:23 -0400 (EDT), Mark Carroll wrote:
>> On Tue, 23 Oct 2001, Andre W B Furtado wrote:

>>> What do you all think about activating the mechanism that automatically
>>> includes the name of the list before the subject of a mailing list email?

>> I like the idea.

I don't, but then I get a lot of mail, and sort it extensively.  If it
helps others, I shan't complain.

>    I guess it helps. I'd personally prefer to get a proper Reply-To:
>    header so replies go to the list by default, not to the original
>    sender.

This is a lot worse. On the lists I subscribe to that have this kind
of configuration, the lists are riddled with personal mail that
accidentally got sent to the list.  Most - if not all - mail reader
software has an option to reply to all recipients.  Few mail readers
have options to override the Reply-To: field.

-kzm