Large lists, heaps, stacks...

Till Doerges till@doerges.net
Fri, 19 Oct 2001 22:34:15 +0200

Hi everybody,

thanks for all the answers!

On Fri, Oct 19, 2001 at 09:55:00AM +0200, Janis Voigtlaender wrote:

[...]
> You might try the following version that does not build up huge data
> structures in accumulating parameters to output them only in the two
> base cases. Rather, it produces partial output as early as
> possible.
[...]
> select'' :: [a] -> [Integer] -> ([a],[a])

That one works just great and was pretty much, was I was looking
for. (And looking at it, I *should* have been able to come up w/ such a
solution myself...) ;-)

Anything else, like reversing the lists, seems to be more complicated
(leave alone my first attempts).

And no, partition or groupBy don't do the trick for me (unless I
really don't get, what they are supposed to do).

Thanks -- Till
--
     e-mail: reverse(net dot doerges at till)   | ENCRYPTED |
    pgp/gpg: keys via keyserver or my homepage  |  MAIL IS  |