Haskell 98 - Standard Prelude - Floating Class

Lennart Augustsson augustss@augustsson.net
Mon, 15 Oct 2001 15:35:53 +0200 (MEST)

> 2. So, they hold for the Complex numbers as well. The gymnastics with
>    complex sinh and cosh seems to be redundant.
Well, I would be a little careful changing these.  Some of the definitions
in numerical part of the Prelude look more convoluted than they need to
be, but it's because they have better numerical properties.  I know Joe
Fasel spent a lot of work on getting definitions that are numerically well
behaved.

But we should definitely have the "default definitions" for sinh and cosh.
Any decent implementation will of course override these for speed and
accuracy.

	-- Lennart