Namespaces (was Re: GUI Library Task Force)

Hal Daume III
Wed, 10 Oct 2001 15:29:03 -0400 (EDT)

So, barring this, I'm curious how other people handle this issue.

I have multiple projects.  Call them A, B, C.  They are in directories:

Say I'm creating a new project, D, in ~/projects/D that uses code that
I've written in packages A, B and C.  Now, as far as I can see, I have
two options:

 1) Copy all the .(l)hs files from /A, /B, and /C to /D that I need to
 2) Include projects/A, projects/B and projects/C in my search path for

I hate both of these options.  1 is terrible because I have multiple
copies of the same code lying around and, if I make changes to one, I
have to remember to copy the changes over to the others.  2 is a big
nuisance, especially since ghc (seems to) lack an environment variable
that it looks at to get command line options every time it runs
(HUGSFLAGS, I think it was for Hugs).

So is there a third option that I'm missing?  How do other people handle
this issue?

 - Hal