Import Chasing Problems - hello.lhs

John Heron jheron@enteka.com
Sat, 06 Oct 2001 10:51:54 -0500

I just installed ghc 5.02 on my NT 4.0 machine, and I'm wondering if the
import chasing is broken for ghc-5.02 on Windows NT? Or perhaps there is
yet another thing I don't understand about Haskell's environment or
modules?  I got the following complaints when trying to compile Sigborn
Finne's Win32 example hello.lhs
(http://www.dcs.gla.ac.uk/~sof/hello.lhs):

F:\stuff>ghc -o hello hello.lhs

hello.lhs:14:
    failed to load interface for `Win32':
        Could not find interface file for `Win32'

hello.lhs:15:
    failed to load interface for `Addr':
        Could not find interface file for `Addr'

F:\stuff>ghc -ic:\ghc-5.02\imports\ -o hello hello.lhs

hello.lhs:14:
    failed to load interface for `Win32':
        Could not find interface file for `Win32'

hello.lhs:15:
    failed to load interface for `Addr':
        Could not find interface file for `Addr'

F:\stuff>ghc -ic:\ghc-5.02\imports\lang;d:\ghc-5.02\imports\win32 -o
hello hello.lhs

hello.lhs:14:
    Module `Win32' is located in package `Main'
    but its interface file claims it is part of package `win32'

hello.lhs:15:
    Module `Addr' is located in package `Main'
    but its interface file claims it is part of package `lang'

Or perhaps there's an environment variable I should have set that I
didn't? I did btw check the docs.

Regards, John Heron