Global variables

Dmitry Astapov adept@umc.com.ua
29 Nov 2001 15:57:25 +0200

 JIGG> alternative way of doing it.  I have already implemented my function
 JIGG> using an auxiliar argument where I put my lists of Integers.  Will
 JIGG> the use of a global variable improve my function?

There is no such thing as mutable variable (as in imperative languages) in
Haskell (and my guess is that you are looking exactly for that type), so I
guess that for now you must bear with aux. parameter.

Use of state monad will help to improve the look of your function, but
learning curve for monads could be steep.

--
Dmitry Astapov //ADEpt                               E-mail: adept@umc.com.ua
GPG KeyID/fprint: F5D7639D/CA36 E6C4 815D 434D 0498  2B08 7867 4860 F5D7 639D