Postdoctoral Research Associate, "Refactoring Functional Programs"

C.Reinke C.Reinke@ukc.ac.uk
Tue, 27 Nov 2001 12:40:45 +0000

Postdoctoral Research Associate in Refactoring Functional Programs

Applications are invited for a three year Postdoctoral Research
Associate position at the University of Kent at Canterbury, to work
under the direction of Professor Simon Thompson and Dr Claus Reinke
on an EPSRC funded project entitled "Refactoring Functional
Programs".

Refactoring is the process of redesigning existing code without
changing its functionality. In our project we will explore
refactoring for functional programs and in particular we will
construct a catalogue of functional refactorings, and build a
prototype tool in Haskell to support refactoring of Haskell
programs.

Applicants should be able to demonstrate extensive experience of
programming in a functional programming language, preferably
Haskell, and have good communication skills.

The appointment will be made within the salary ranges of
£17,278-£26,229 p.a. on the Research IA scale. Please telephone the
Personnel Office for further particulars on 01227 827837 (24 hours)
or email: Personnel@ukc.ac.uk , quoting the reference number R02/15.
Text phone users please telephone 01227 823674. The closing date is
Friday 11 January 2002.

Informal enquires can be directed to either Simon or Claus:
{S.J.Thompson,C.Reinke}@ukc.ac.uk. More details of the project
and further particulars for the position can be found at:

  http://www.cs.ukc.ac.uk/people/staff/sjt/Refactor/

Simon and Claus