seq / strictness and laziness

John Meacham
Mon, 12 Nov 2001 13:59:56 -0800

yeah, I doublevote for deepSeq being part of the libraries or a
'blessed' extension. I would like to do things like deepSeq the abstract
tree of a compiled language then force a GC, thus making sure that the
original file text gets all cleaned up properly. deepSeq would be a much
nicer way of dealing with some efficiency issues since it can be
completly seperated from the implementation of code which generates a
data structure, rather than having to 'seq' at every step, you just
deepSeq the resulting structure.