Haskell 98 Revised

Ian Lynagh igloo@earth.li
Fri, 2 Nov 2001 19:25:15 +0000

On Fri, Nov 02, 2001 at 09:30:36AM -0800, Simon Peyton-Jones wrote:
> Haskellers!

Hi Simon  :-)

> It's that time of the month.   I'm putting out the November release
> of the Revised Haskell 98 Report.  As ever, I earnestly seek your
> feedback.  Especially I'd like to know whether I have stumbled
> in rewriting the section about Enum in the light of recent email.
>
> 	http://research.microsoft.com/~simonpj/haskell98-revised

http://research.microsoft.com/~simonpj/haskell98-revised/haskell98-report-html/index.html
says "Revised: October 2001" - am I seeing the latest version?

Actually,
http://research.microsoft.com/~simonpj/haskell98-revised/haskell98-report-html/syntax-iso.html
has "November 2001" at the bottom so I guess I am.

You still have
    lexeme -> ... | qop | ...
in the lexical syntax but have
    qop -> qvarop | qconop
in the context-free syntax - is this deliberate? It really sucks IMO.

> My plan is to iterate just once more (early Dec), and then freeze
> the report at Christmas.  I'm getting tired!

:-)

Thanks
Ian