Homeworks and art of flying.

Jerzy Karczmarczuk karczma@info.unicaen.fr
Mon, 28 May 2001 10:21:25 +0200

Ashley Yakeley answers the query of Rab Lee:

> >hi, i'm having a bit more touble, can anyone help me
> >or give me any hints on how to do this :
> >"x 2 3 4" = ("x", [2, 3, 4])
>
> Generally we don't solve homework for people. Unless they're studying
> under Prof. Karczmarczuk, of course.
>
> --
> Ashley Yakeley, Seattle WA

Now, now, this is cruel and ati-pedagogical. I changed my mind, we should
all be friends, and help each other. Here is the ideal solution, very
fast, and protected against viral contamination

homework "x 2 3 4" = ("x", [2, 3, 4])
homework _ = error "You can't"

Note the cleverness and universalness of the solution.

Jerzy Karczmarczuk
Caen, France

PS. A deep philosophical quotation seems appropriate here. Here is one from
   Douglas Adams:

   Flying is an art, or rather a knack.
   The knack consists in throwing oneself to ground, and miss.