a cygwin binary package of ghc-5.00.x

Alexander V. Voinov avv@quasar.ipa.nw.ru
Fri, 25 May 2001 11:14:41 -0700

Hi Simon et al.

I see. My concern is the following. Before I stick to haskell I have to
make sure that I can connect some necessary windows-specific C stuff to
my programs - both mine and external. I can start developing with Hugs,
but finally I would need a compiled speed. Do I understand correctly,
that Hugs allows to make C extensions on windows? Can I then use the same
interfaces once ghc for windows is ready?

My last obstacle with recompiling ghc is

../../ghc/compiler/ghc-inplace -I../includes -I. -Iparallel -O2
-DCOMPILING_RTS -static    -c Exception.hc -o Exception.o
'c:/avv/soft/ghc-5.00.1/ghc/compiler/../driver/mangler/ghc-asm' is not
recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

where c:/avv/soft/ghc-5.00.1 is evidently the root of the source tree,
and this ghc-asm is present at the specified location. I tried to change
the prefix to /cygwin/c/... in Config.hs, but this didn't help.

Besides, I'd be much more interested in making extensions with VC N,
where N >= 5 or 6. If the words 'doesn't require Cygwin ' below mean
exactly this, I'd better wait.

Thank you in advance

Alexander