Haskell & .NET CLR

Niall Dalton ndalton@ics.uci.edu
Tue, 22 May 2001 20:09:23 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 23 May 2001, Tyson Dowd wrote:
> Well, there is:
> http://www.southern-storm.com.au/
Interesting, I wish them well.

> Also, Miguel de Icaza (of GNOME fame, co-founder of Ximian) has been working
> on a C# compiler.
Well I see from:
http://primates.ximian.com/~miguel/cs-compiler.html
that his experiment has finished, and I do not think
that there is a complete compiler? From the activity
log it looks like he got as far as a syntax checker.

> Finally, there was recently an article in Linux Magazine (??? not Linux
> Journal) about targetting gcc at the .NET CLR.  I'm afraid I have no
> information more than that, since I don't think I can get the magazine
> in Australia.
As far as I know, that article was speculating on whether
this would be a good idea or not, not reporting on a port
of gcc.

Regards,
Niall

Niall Dalton                                       ndalton@ics.uci.edu