Questions about Trie

Arthur H. Gold agold@bga.com
Thu, 17 May 2001 16:21:21 -0500

> "M. Faisal Fariduddin Attar Nasution" wrote:
>
>     Greeting, I'm a last year student in a computer science field. I'm
> currently  trying to  code an  implementation for a  compression using
> basic  Lempel-zif  technique.  I  use  a Trie  (retrieval) as  a  data
> structure for  the dynamic dictionary aplication.  The problem is Trie
> uses not just an ordinary binary tree, but it uses a multiple-weighted
> tree, where one node  has at most 256 children. Most literatures about
> Haskell show only binary tree for the example in tree or Abstract Data
> Structures   subject.  So,   does   anyone  know   how  to   code  the
> implementation for  trie. Thanks  for paying attention  and I'm really
> hoping for the answer immediately.

IIRC, there's a trie implementation in Chris Okasaki's "Purely
Functional Data Structures" -- that might be a start (there's also his
"Edison" library, which contains many of the components you'd need).

HTH (and sorry if it doesn't)
--ag

--
Artie Gold, Austin, TX  (finger the cs.utexas.edu account for more info)
mailto:agold@bga.com or mailto:agold@cs.utexas.edu