Monads

Peter Douglass peterd@availant.com
Thu, 17 May 2001 09:25:43 -0400

Monads are used not only for programming IO, state, exceptions etc, but also
are the foundation of lists.  It is hard to imagine functional programming
without this basic datatype.  Sets, Bags, trees etc are also monads.  Phil
Wadler wrote a very useful paper Comprehending Monads which I notice is not
found on the Haskell/bookshelf web page.  It can be found at

 http://www.cs.bell-labs.com/who/wadler/topics/monads.html

I recommend this page for anyone interested in monads.
--PeterD