Steinitz, Dominic J
12 Mar 2001 11:43:23 Z

Monads in Haskell use the Kleisli triple definition which is equivalent to the two natural transformations and functor definition (with the appropriate laws) - see Algebraic Theories by Manes. When using the do notation you are effectively working in the Kleisli category generated by the monad.

Dominic. on 10/03/2001 10:13:00