John Meacham john@repetae.net
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 02:35:54 -0700

you forget one other essential quality of hbc.
As far as I know it is the only compiler that even has a chance of
compiling Fudgets, and hence programs dependent on them such as
the very cool (IMHO) Alfa proof editor
and its assosiated improvments to Fudgets. If there is any effort to
port these tools to a modern haskell system then I cheer you on.